Friday, October 19, 2012

Followup


So, I took some photos of my flat. It's decently big, and cheaper (and nicer) than a lot of places I looked at. I've been here for maybe two and a bit weeks now.

This is my room. It came with the creepy art and tons of built in shelves.




Here's my view looking left. This is a pretty common view in Lugo--an abandoned construction project, mostly apartment buildings. There are a ton of empty apartment buildings all over the city.






and right. It's a preschool, and every so often about eight million 4-6 year-olds swarm the yard and scream at each other. 



The kitchen. It's missing a tea kettle and a microwave, but other than that, totally functional. Made fajitas with one of the roommies the other day, and am having some other americans over for dinner tonight.



The living room, where I hang out when I'm home. That's my computer on the table. My roommate Johnny (he's Spanish) has the same one, but fortunately in maroon. There's also a tv (we have cable) but I couldn't fit it in the picture.



The bathroom. There's a bidet, but I haven't used it yet.



We're also lacking a clothes dryer, but so is everyone else in the country. Here's my neighbor's collection of green and blue shirts. I'm super paranoid about dropping anything down the chasm because I'm not sure how I would get it back. Some kind of string-and-pins contraption I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment