Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Overdue update

Wow, it's been like a whole month since I've posted anything. More than a month. Oops. I could blame it on not doing anything special, but that's not true--I went to the city of Ourense to soak in the hotsprings, visited a casa rural and had my first queimada, had my second Thanksgiving abroad... I could say that I've been doing too much writing, what with November being NaNoWriMo, but I started that late and didn't even "win." I could say that I've just been super busy preparing classes and teaching English, but that's a downright lie. 

No, the real answer is I've been lazy. Ya está. We'll see if I get my act together and actually write something interesting later this month. Hopefully before I leave--


WAIT, WHAT? 


Yes! Before I leave! It's true--I'm going home for Christmas this year! Hooray! I am super looking forward to seeing all my friends and family, my cat, my piano, my wide selection in different sizes of bags... (seriously. I can't justify buying new bags because I have like five different sized bags at home, but it's so inconvenient not having a bag that is just the right size for all the objects I want to take with me to locations X Y and Z)


But yeah. Especially the friends and family part. I'll be flying in on the 18th of December, and flying out the 11th of January. I plan on making a trip to B'ham, probably to Seattle as well, but nothing's really planned yet. Really planning isn't exactly my thing.


Now a couple obligatory pictures:



Ourense in the rain


casa rural in the sun
A cat friend

No comments:

Post a Comment