Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Travel Plans

So, it's been a little while since I've posted anything, but this is because I haven't been doing much of anything interesting lately. I've been working (kinda, we had almost a whole week off due to snow in the third week of January.) and reading (I recommend Hyperion by Dan Simmons to everyone, it is amazing) and watching TV (I recently got introduced to the wonderful world of Spanish game shows).

But all this boring everyday stuff is going to be put on the back burner as I go jet setting off to foreign parts. This trip has been in the works for a while, but it was only last night that I had my holy jeezus, I'm gonna go on an airplane moment. So I figured I'd better share what I'm up to with whoever the hell it is that reads my blog (hi, mom!)

Here is my itinerary:

Thursday, Feb 7: immediately after arriving home from work, meet Annie and Laura (two of my three travel buddies) at the Lugo bus station. From there take the bus direct to the Santiago airport (super convenient) and fly to Barcelona, where we will meet up with a friend of Annie's.

Things to do in Barcelona: 
  • see the beach
  • visit the cathedral
  • check out the old part of town
  • not get mugged
Monday, Feb 11: Say goodbye to Annie's friend and to Barcelona, and catch a plane to Amsterdam.

Things to do in Amsterdam
  • rent bicycles
  • see the Van Gogh museum
  • find a flower market
  • drink delicious beer
Thursday, Feb 14: Retrace our steps and catch a plane back to Barcelona, wait six hours and catch a second plane to Santiago, then snag the last bus of the day back to Lugo.

Things to do in Lugo

  • sleep

Since I haven't actually gone to any of these places yet, I don't have any pictures to share, but I feel I've set the trend of always having pictures, so here we go:

Columbia Sportwear! In Lugo Center! who'da thunk? it was closed for siesta when I took the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment